Mr. A. Kapil Kumar
Socket programming is a way of connecting two hosts on a network to communicate with each other. One socket (node) listens on a particular port at an IP, while other socket reaches out to the other to form a connection. Server forms the listener socket while client reaches out to the server. This project contains:
- Creation of server and client sockets respectively
- Bind sockets to address and port number
- Server alerts TCP/IP machine of its willingness to accept connections
- Client socket connects to a foreign host
- Server socket accepts connection from client
- Read and write data through sockets until all data has been exchanged
- Close sockets and end TCP/IP session
M. S. Harsha Vardhan
- To make calculations and send results on request.
- Server can be made to store information in database and client can retrieve it whenever necessary.
- Large number of systems can be connected to a network. This turns out to be very useful in big organization as they don’t have to rely on third-party software.
- Web servers can be developed that deliver web pages to web browsers